"WORLD CLASS OUTPOST CABINS
ON WORLD CLASS LAKES"
Enjoy the privacy and beauty of a fly-in fishing or hunting trip with world class fishing, accommodations, service, and equipment.
WHAT TO BRING
15 hp Merc motors
14ft. aluminum boats
Unlimited supply of gas
Unlimited supply of propane
Comfortable beds & mattresses
Propane lighting, refrigerator, range
All dishes and utensils
Hot and cold running water to cabins
110 v Charging Station for recharging depth chargers, cameras etc?
Accommodations in bunkhouse night prior to flying
· Sleeping bags
· Fishing gear
· Personal life vests
· Rain gear
· Dish Cloths & Towels
· First Aid Kit
· One tackle box should be sufficient
· Rods in cases (no reels attached)
· Duffel or soft bags for clothing (avoid hard suitcases)
· Label garbage bags if used for sleeping bags, etc. - it might get confused with garbage.
· Waterproof flashlight and whistle to have in the boat
· One ziplock freezer bag for each fish you plan to take home. Fish must be flat in the bag with one square inch of skin showing.
· Paper towels - handy for lots of stuff.
Food and beverage
· Pack groceries in boxes or medium sized plastic containers or coolers - not bags.
· Don't bring full bags of flour, sugar, etc. - bring only what you need in a ziplock bag.
· Frozen veggies taste better and weigh less than canned goods.
· Instant mashed potatoes and Scalloped potatoes weigh less than whole potatoes
· Dry soup mixes rather than canned
· Coffee creamer and powdered milk to supplement fresh milk
· We recommend that you prepare meals such as chili, stew etc. and bring frozen in freezer bags. It saves you cooking time that could be used fishing and you don't have empty containers to take back home.
* Option - we'll shop for you, and have it ready for flying in upon your arrival
Two-Way Radios - Optional but nice to have on the lake.
ROD, REEL & TACKLE SUGGESTIONSWALLEYE GEAR
Rods, Reels, Line:
Light to Medium Light 5'6" - 6'6" graphite rods with fast action tips, reels to match rod for weight and balance, 6 - 8 lb. test line.
· 1/8 - 1/4 oz. jigs heads - good colors are chartreuse, white, black, yellow, and pink
· Twister Tails 11/2 - 21/2" long
· Lindy Rigs
· Spinner Minnnow Rigs - Little Joes 24" long with a 3/4 oz. in link sinker
· Berkley Power Grubs
· Fuzzie Grubs
· Floating Jig Heads
· Rapalas, Shad Raps, Thunderstick, Rat-L-Trap, Bagleys, Hot & Tots
· Sinkers - Bullet (1/8 oz. for spinner rigs), Lindy Type (1/8 oz. - 3/8 oz. for Lindy Rigs)
· Split Shot (BB-5), Bottom Bounes (3/8 oz. - 2 oz.)
Minnows, leeches, or night crawlers - We have live ones at the office for sale. We also have fishing and hunting licences at the office. You are allowed to bring crawlers over the border as long as they are packed in packing material - no soil.
NORTHERN PIKE GEAR
Rods, Reels, Line:
Medium to Medium Heavy 6' - 7" graphite rods (medium heavy when using monofilament lines and medium action when using spectra and kevlar type lines), bait casting reels to match rod weight and balance, 10 - 15 lb. test line.
Johnson Silver Minnow, Red Eye Spoons, Daredevil Spoons, Suicks, Rapalas, Super Shad Rap, Mepps, Tandem Spinner Baits, Slug-go, Blue Foxes, Little Cleos, Large Bass Spinner Baits, Big Rat-L-Traps. Steel leaders recommended.
Fly Fishing Gear for Northern Pike:
· Fly Rod - 9 wt.
· Fly Reel - 7 - 10 wt.
· Fly Line - Floating/Sink tip - 9 wt.
· Leader - 30 - 40#
· Flies - Whitlock's Hare Water Pup, Whitlock's Hare Worm, Dahlberg Rabbit Strip Diver, Clouser Minnow, Lefty's Deceivers, Sizes 3/0 to 2.
WHAT EVERY PARENT SHOULD KNOW IF HIS/HER CHILD IS TRAVELING TO CANADA WITH A FRIEND OR RELATIVE
A child ( anyone under the age of 18 years ) should always travel with the following documentation:
1. Proof of citizenship: eg.) Birth Certificate or passport,
2. A notarized letter from his/her legal guardian containing:
- authorization for the child to travel with another person and to be outside the country
- the name and telephone number of the child’s legal guardian
- the child's destination in Canada
- the period of time the child will be in Canada.
Persons who are separated or divorced should keep legal documents handy regarding custody rights. When traveling in a group of several vehicles, parents and children should arrive at the border in the same vehicle.
An examining officer at the Canadian border must be satisfied that the legal guardian has given permission for the child to be in the company of the care-giver, and must always exercise caution to protect the welfare of the child.
For adults, passports ARE NEEDED to come fishing or hunting from the United States.
Fish & hunt in Ontario for walleye and northern pike at our fly in outpost cabins out of Sioux Lookout. Some of Canada's best fishing & hunting outposts.
Home | Wapesi Lake | Aerofoil Lake | Lynx Paw Lake |
Hunting | Location | Rates | Contact Us | Links